There are many different types of sports injuries from the very minor to severe injury requiring a lengthy period of of sport . All sporting participants from the elite Olympian’s to the Joe Soap can get injured. Contact sport participants by the very nature will have some injuries such as bruises and lacerations.
About Sports Injury
Try to minimize your injury risk by following these guidelines:
- Warm up correctly for your sport.
- Build up your training schedule slowly.
- Know your own body eg if you have poor flexibility include more Stretching and core strengthening into your programme.
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate,
- Refuel and manage your protein intake.
- Know if you have mal-alignment issues and get advice from a Chartered Physiotherapist
- Follow your treatment and rehabilitation plan.